There are many reasons people choose to relocate from San Diego to Los Angeles. Perhaps show business is calling your name! Maybe you’re looking for a faster paced lifestyle, or relocating to be closer to family. Whatever the reason for your move, it’s an exciting time. However, a relocation from San Diego to Los Angeles is likely to come with some stress. You’ve got to find a new home, pack your current home, and tie up lots of loose ends. You’ve got a lot going on, so it’s important to have a highly rated, trustworthy long-distance moving company in your corner when you relocate to Los Angeles from San Diego.
What Moving to Los Angeles is Like
Los Angeles is the largest city in California, and the second most populous city in the US. Though San Diego is a large city itself, it still could mean big changes if you’re relocating. Here is why people move to Los Angeles:
- Los Angeles Population: 3,979,537
- Racial demographic breakdown: 30.3% white, 44.5% Hispanic, 6.7% Black or African American, 15.4% Asian, and 3.0% Mixed/Other races
- Cost of living: 48% higher than national average
- Median home price: $825,000
- Average rent: $2,355 a month
- Average salary: $77,000
- Average hourly pay rate: $20.57
- Most common occupations: administrative support, sales, management
- Most common industries: healthcare, manufacturing, retail
- Average commute time: 33 minutes
- Average in-state public college institution: $5,742
- Average private university tuition: $29,592
Benefits of Moving from San Diego to Los Angeles
San Diego is a wonderful place to live, but there are a lot of benefits to moving to Los Angeles! Here are just a few things that you’re sure to love when you move to Los Angeles from San Diego:
There are great job opportunities in San Diego, but Los Angeles has some industries you just won’t find in San Diego. In fact, Los Angeles is known as the “Creative Capital of the World.” It’s estimated that one in every six Los Angeles residents is in a creative industry. The biggest draw for many is the entertainment industry: LA is the number one place to be if you’re looking to work in film or television.
LAX is the world’s third busiest airport, and the country’s second busiest. Access to LAX opens up a world of travel opportunities for Los Angeles residents. LAX offers tons of direct flights both nationally and internationally, so not only will you be able to go places with ease, friends and family will be able to visit you easily too.
Since Los Angeles is a more densely packed city than San Diego, you’ll have access to much better public transit in LA. The city is served by a huge system of buses, 93 light rail stations, and the country’s 9th busiest subway system.
If you love sports, you’ll have a lot more fun in Los Angeles vs. San Diego! LA is home to 11 professional sports teams, most notably the LA Dodgers and Angels (MLB), the Lakers (NBA), and the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers (NFL). There is a long list of amazing venues and arenas too; you’ll be able to watch your favorite teams at Dodger Stadium, the Staples Center, the Banc of California Stadium, and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
San Diego to Los Angeles Movers
Making a move to a new city is stressful and expensive. A lot of people think they’ll save big by foregoing using professional movers. However, movers can be such a huge help when you’re relocating from San Diego to Los Angeles! Going at it alone can lead to extra stress, damaged keepsakes, and even injury when moving large items improperly. In the end, you’re better off having a team of professional long-distance movers by your side. With so many moves under our belts, we know how to make your move from San Diego to Los Angeles a breeze. We’ve developed a long list of services to ensure all our customers have everything they need at every stage! Here are some of the ways we can help your long distance move from San Diego to Los Angeles go smoothly:
- Efficiency: our highly trained long-distance movers know how to execute moves quickly, while staying super organized
- Safety: our movers know how to operate large vehicles, and have special equipment to protect your belongings in transit
- Care: our movers use the highest quality packing materials, and treat your belongings as if they were their own
- Cost: we know how expensive moving is; we guarantee upfront pricing with no hidden fees
- Move Coordinator: We coordinate everything so you don’t have to, taking away all of your stress
Why Republic Moving is the Best Choice For Your Move from San Diego to Los Angeles
We know you’ve already got a lot on your plate with your move, and that you want to be sure you’re working with the best movers to help get you from San Diego to Los Angeles. We use professional packing supplies, 53’ moving vans, trained employees, and professional equipment, like dollies and tie down straps. Here are some of the questions we recommend asking any professional moving company you’re looking into:
- Read customer reviews on Yelp and Google
- Confirm the company is licensed and insured
- Ask how long the company has been in business
- Call customer service to discuss your move
- Avoid working with companies that require large upfront deposits
If you’re making the move from San Diego to Los Angeles, Republic Moving is the best there is. Our long-distance movers are required to complete rigorous training and undergo full background checks, so our customers can rest easy knowing they’re working with experienced, trustworthy movers. Don’t just take our word for it – we’d love for you to read all our positive reviews!
San Diego to Los Angeles Moving Costs
Every move is different, and everyone’s budget is different. At Republic Moving, we offer free upfront quotes, and make every effort to work within your budget. Here’s what we look at when we’re coming up with your free quote for your San Diego to Los Angeles move:
- Amount of belongings we are moving
- Toll costs between San Diego and Los Angeles
- Moving dates (weekdays, weekends, peak season, etc)
- Amount of movers your San Diego to Los Angeles relocation requires
- Additional services you may choose
With so much experience under our belts, Moving knows how to get you moved from San Diego to Los Angeles at a price that works for you. Call us today for a free quote!
San Diego to Los Angeles Distances & Travel Information
Once our professional long distance movers have you packed and loaded, it’s time for you to hit the road! So what’s the best way to get from San Diego to Los Angeles? Most people making the move to Los Angeles from San Diego decide to drive to their new locations. But there are a few more options that might work for you too!
Driving to Los Angeles from San Diego
Los Angeles is about 120 miles from San Diego, so driving is definitely an option! If you decide to drive to Los Angeles from San Diego, you should expect about a two hour drive. If you want to take the scenic route along the Pacific Coast Highway, you can make the following stops along the way:
- Dana Point Harbor: Shop great boutiques, grab a meal, or even spend the night at this beautiful beach community!
- Mission San Juan Capistrano: Spend some time learning about California’s rich, multicultural history at this beautiful historical landmark.
Taking a Train to Los Angeles from San Diego
Amtrak is definitely an option if you prefer not to drive! Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner route runs between the cities, and travel time is about 3 hours. Tickets start at $36 for coach seats, and $55 for business.
Flying to Los Angeles from San Diego
A direct flight from San Diego International Airport to Los Angeles’s LAX is about 50 minutes. That’s a quick flight, but with all the security and waiting time, it might end up being longer to fly than to drive. If flying is your transportation of choice, a one way flight will cost you anywhere from $41 on a discount travel website to up to $99.
Organizing a long distance move comes with a lot of considerations. Don’t make the mistake of trying to make it all happen yourself – let our professional long distance movers help, so you can focus on the exciting new chapter you’re starting! Call Republic Moving today at (619) 000-0000 to get started on your free quote!