As the time for retirement comes into view for seniors, thoughts often turn to finding the right place to live during the “golden years” of life. There are so many beautiful places for senior living in San Diego that the only hard part is deciding which one is right for you or your loved one.
Finding comfortable assisted living facilities, independent living properties, and retirement communities in San Diego is easy when you know where to look. We’ve compiled a list of the most trusted destinations for seniors to live, where they can enjoy their lives and embrace the many nearby amenities.
1. The Remington Club – Top-rated Independent Living Community in San Diego
When a senior moves to The Remington Club, they get all the care and attention they need. This location offers independent living as well as assisted living services that include outpatient rehabilitation.
The community spans 17 acres and has a trustworthy team with decades of experience serving seniors. Residents can walk through the property gardens, spend time with their friends, or even catch live music every week.
The Remington Club is right next to the Plaza At Rancho Bernardo, which offers access to plenty of convenient places like CVS, IHOP, Starbucks, Vons, and more.
- Address: 16925 Hierba Dr, San Diego, CA 92128
- Website: https://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/communities/ca/san-diego/the-remington-club
- Phone: (858) 673-6340
- Amenities: Exercise classes, putting green, library, movie nights, beauty salon, and pool.
2. Wesley Palms San Diego Retirement Community – Reputable Senior Living Property
Offering both patio homes and apartments, the Wesley Palms San Diego Retirement Community is among the top assisted living facilities in San Diego. They have more than ten different floor plans to choose from, providing plenty of choices that will perfectly fit your needs.
A unique benefit that Wesley Palms offers is that they don’t require an entry fee, but simply charge on a monthly basis instead.
This community can be found near the large Kate Sessions Park, a beautiful space to enjoy a walk, a picnic, or simply take in the sweeping views.
- Address: 2404 Loring St, San Diego, CA 92109
- Website: https://wesleypalms.org/
- Phone: (858) 274-4110
- Amenities: Swimming pool, dining area, fitness center, studio apartments, one-bedroom apartments, and two-bedroom apartments.
3. Casa de las Campanas – Comfortable Independent Living in San Diego
At Casa de las Campanas, locals enjoy being in one of the top San Diego senior living communities. As an independent living property, they have nine unique apartments floor plans you can pick between.
They are a not-for-profit organization, which means every dollar they receive is reinvested into their properties for upkeep, maintenance, and improvements.
Casa de las Campanas is close to the local Rancho Bernardo Community Park, where visitors can play tennis, walk along the paved trails, or bring pets to the dog park.
- Address: 18655 W Bernardo Dr, San Diego, CA 92127
- Website: https://casadelascampanas.com/
- Phone: (858) 592-1870
- Amenities: Libraries, dining rooms, dog parks, indoor and outdoor pools, billiards, fitness center, ping pong, putting green, hobby shop, computer room, and an art studio.
4. Pacifica Senior Living – Safe Place for Seniors to Live
Pacifica Senior Living was founded in 1978 and is considered one of the top destinations for those interested in independent or assisted living services in San Diego. Located just north of San Diego Bay, their solutions include everything from memory care and skilled nursing to adult daycare and respite care.
View this post on Instagram
With communities located all over the country, they’ve long been a trusted name in senior living and will provide residents with kindness and compassion.
- Address: 1775 Hancock St #200, San Diego, CA 92110
- Website: https://www.pacificaseniorliving.com/
- Phone: (619) 296-9000
- Amenities: Music program, knowledge sharing, memory care, art classes, game room, gourmet meals, housekeeping, and laundry services.
5. Torrey Pines Senior Living – Best San Diego Assisted Living Facility
Located in a beautiful part of town, Torrey Pines Senior Living has become one of the most reliable places for seniors to live in San Diego. They are well known for their assisted living services and memory care support.
Torrey Pines Senior Living offers all-day dining at their on-site restaurant and a consistently updated calendar of community events. Their staff is available 24 hours a day to ensure residents always have the care and attention they require.
Directly to the south is a large shopping center, where you’ll find a Ralphs, Rite Aid, local banks, shopping destinations, multiple restaurants, and the Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas Del Mar movie theater.
- Address: 13101 Hartfield Ave, San Diego, CA 92130
- Website: https://www.stellarliving.com/communities/torrey-pines-assisted-senior-living/
- Phone: (858) 259-2222
- Amenities: Daily activities, emergency response, shuttle service, kitchenettes, housekeeping, laundry, beauty salon, barber, and gardening areas.
6. The Glen at Scripps Ranch – Upscale San Diego Senior Living
Covering a massive area of 53 acres, The Glen at Scripps Ranch is considered one of the most popular places for senior living in San Diego. This incredible destination represents the best of the best when it comes to comfort and amenities.
It’s important to be mindful of the costs related to living in The Glen at Scripps Ranch community. Their new entry fees start around $400,000 upfront and can be more than $1 million depending on the size of the home you choose. Then, the monthly costs cover day-to-day expenses like housekeeping, entertainment, meals, landscaping, and long-term care services.
You can use their printable comparison chart to determine the many benefits they offer compared to the other San Diego senior living communities you’re considering.
- Address: 9800 Glen Center Dr, San Diego, CA 92131
- Website: https://theglenatscrippsranch.com/
- Phone: (858) 444-8500
- Amenities: Swimming pool, spa, community activities, planned classes, health center, hobby shop, and movie theater.
7. Vi at La Jolla Village – Assisted Living & Memory Care in San Diego
Since 1987, Vi at La Jolla Village has been serving seniors living in San Diego with both assisted living care and independent living spaces. Whether you need memory care and support or simply a pleasant community to live in, this is a place worth considering.
As a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), they have the infrastructure in place to help people with successful aging through nursing services and help with activities of daily living.
This San Diego senior living property is located right across the street from the Costa Verde Center, a shopping area with a Barnes & Noble, local restaurants, and a Bristol Farms grocery store.
- Address: 8515 Costa Verde Blvd, San Diego, CA 92122
- Website: https://www.viliving.com/locations/ca/san-diego-la-jolla
- Phone: (888) 674-4036
- Amenities: Private gardens, indoor pool, library, movie theater, salon, art studio, and an executive chef.
8. The Orchard Senior Living Apartments – Affordable Apartment Homes for Seniors
You can decide between a studio or a one-bedroom when you look into the options available at The Orchard Senior Living Apartments. Offering comfortable independent living in San Diego, they boast a great list of amenities, services, and community perks.
It is an affordable place to live with prices that are below average when compared to the rest of the city.
The Orchard is ranked among the best options for senior living in San Diego if you want easy access to shopping nearby. Less than a mile away, the Sports Arena Shopping Center has plenty of great restaurants and stores including Target, Ralphs, Ross, Marshalls, Vons, The Home Depot, and many others.
- Address: 4040 Hancock St, San Diego, CA 92110
- Website: https://www.theorchardapts.com/
- Phone: (619) 224-7775
- Amenities: Clubhouse, billiards, laundry facilities, vegetable and herb garden, fitness center, planned activities, and community gas grills.
FAQs About San Diego Senior Housing Options
What are senior living options in San Diego?
The variety of places for senior living in San Diego you can choose from mainly depends on your specific needs and the support required on a daily basis. Some of the most notable locations to consider include independent living facilities, assisted living communities, and retirement properties.
What is the difference between independent living vs assisted living?
The main contrast between independent living in San Diego and assisted living is how much assistance is given for activities of daily living. While independent living tends to have limited resources, assisted living facilities will offer help with most of these day-to-day needs.
How much does senior living cost in San Diego?
If you’re looking into the cost of senior living in San Diego, you’ll discover the average for assisted living is around $3,500 per month or $42,000 per year. This amount stands around $500 less than the California state average for these communities.
Seniors and their loved ones can expect to pay less when it comes to residing in an independent living or retirement community.
San Diego Senior Living Map
Find the Best Senior Living in San Diego, CA
Are you searching for independent senior living in San Diego before an upcoming relocation to the area? Get professional assistance with senior moving in San Diego from the top-rated team here at Republic Moving. Reach out to us today by calling (619) 000-0000 or by completing the Request a Quote form above for a free moving estimate!